Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day 
Thanksgiving is a day celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November it became an official holiday in 1863. During Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a 'Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father dwelleth in the Heavens' be celebrated on the last Thursday in November. The "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated by the Pilgrim after there harvest in the New World in 1621. The feast lasted 3 days and was attended by 90 Native Americans and 53 Pilgrims. The first documented Thanksgiving services where in the 16th century by the Spaniards
The US Tradition celebration consist of baked or roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet corn, other fall vegetables, and pumpkin pie. Most communities have annual food that collect non-perishable packaged and canned food, staple food and Thanksgiving dinners given 5 days after Thanksgiving on Giving Tuesday. But mostly a day to give thanks to God for a common purpose. 
 
Reflection:
 What im thankful for is my family, my health, my 2 nieces, for having opportunities others don't have, having my family all be well, a close relationship with my siblings and my mom, spending thanksgiving and Christmas with my whole family, for having people who care for me and understand me, having people there in time and need.

No comments:

Post a Comment